Volunteering for The Talon Trust
The Talon Trust is a volunteer led and governed organization. We have no paid staff, and so we depend on the generosity and dedication of volunteers to achieve our mission. We now have 15 volunteers that give generously of their time and talent. Volunteers help with all aspects of our operations, including daily care and feeding, rescues and releases, educational programs, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
Think you are interested in volunteering?
New volunteers should:
- Submit an application and interview.
- Attend in-depth training courses
- Commit to giving at least one year of service
- Be passionate about wildlife and our environment
- Be willing to help raptors in need
- Be interested in teaching others about raptors and their cause
- Be dependable, responsible, and trustworthy No prior experience is necessary, as we train all new volunteers. Once a pool of potential new volunteers are identified, we schedule a new class. We attempt to have one class per year.
Still interested in volunteering? Email us at [email protected]